Automation & Controls Department Manager
Performs automation duties for projects in the oil and gas industries.
- Manage and grow the automation department to include automation techs and programmers
- Maintain the integrity of 3S Services HSE policies.
- Read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Training, scheduling, and overseeing the quality of work.
- Create cause and effect diagrams, PLC I/O lists, and ICDs.
- Oversee commission and start up tasks such as: instrument calibrations, loop checks, SCADA checkouts, and PLC panel FATs.
- Be able to program in one or more of the four IEC languages: ladder logic, function block, structural text, and sequential function chart.
- Able to set up electrical equipment such as soft starters and variable speed drives.
- Experience with PLC platforms such as: GE PAC, Modicon Premium, SCADAPack, and Allen Bradley.
- Participate in process review meetings with clients.
- Enhance 3S Services reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the job accomplishments.
- Ability to build solid internal and external customer relationships and effectively negotiate with customers to resolve disputes and promote good customer relations.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with senior management confidently.
- Decision-Making: Makes independent, tactical and technical decisions consistent with Technology organization goals and with limited direction. Quickly able to prioritize and optimize resources. Incorporates risk and benefit analysis in decision making processes.
- Impact: Major impact short and long term. Short term impact to customer’s production via commissioning and satisfaction via service support. Long term impact to customer renewals and new turbine sales. Results of this job have an effect on total business results for several years.
- Supervisory Authority: Supervises department of 5-25 highly qualified technical staff.
- Interaction: Regularly interacts with Senior Personnel throughout the company and customers as well as external vendors.
- At least 10 years of automation and programming experience. Familiarity with industry codes and standards.
- 10 yrs. Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Previous verifiable management/mentoring experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Health & Dental
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
3S E&D Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including 401K, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S E&D Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S E&D Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.