Jr. /Staff Mechanical Designer
3S Engineering and Design is an engineering, design and consulting firm that works with a broad range of clients in the oil and gas industry.
General Job Description:
Performs Mechanical and Civil Design duties for projects in the oil and gas industry. Works with other engineering disciplines to: create P&IDs and mechanical drawing packages for construction. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must work well in a Team environment. Position Type: Full Time
• Maintain the integrity of 3S Services HSE policies.
• Completing project task in accordance with 3S Policies and Procedures
• Read and understand piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs). Be proficient in AutoCAD and CADWorx design software, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
• Work with vendors to review the installation requirements for the different pieces of mechanical equipment.
• Be able to do mechanical system walk-downs and create as-built drawings from field sketches. Create mechanical construction drawings such as: FABRICATION ISO’S, PIPING PLANS, FOUNDATION LOCATION PLANS AND DETAILS.
• Be able to create mechanical BOM’s using available software and vendor information.
• Be able to read client Piping Specifications and be familiar with CADWorx Spec Editor. Knowledge of IsoGEN is a plus.
• Enhances 3S Services reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new/different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the job accomplishments.
• A minimum of 10 years design experience in the Petrochem Industry. Familiarity with industry codes and standards such as ASME B31 AND API STANDARDS.
• General knowledge of facility design practices including piping design, foundation design, and structural design.
• Health & Dental
• Paid Holidays
3S Engineering and Design, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S Engineering and Design, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.